We Genuinely Care About Your Privacy
We, at Chipp’d Ltd. – along with its subsidiaries and affiliates (hereby collectively referred to as “Chipp’d”) – believe that your privacy is a right, not a privilege.
1.1 - Information We Collect
During the course of delivering our services, Chipp’d will need to collect various types of data about you and others. This data is either personal, whereby it can be used to determine your identity, e.g. your email address, or generic, whereby it says nothing about your identity and instead is typically used in aggregate form to identify trends in user activity, e.g. the amount of time you spend on a given page.
Another distinction we must make about the types of information we collect is the way in which the data is obtained. Personal information can only be accessed by us if you submit it voluntarily or if someone else submits it about you, while generic information is typically collected automatically via technology as you are using the Site. We feel that it’s important to highlight this, so that you are aware that we may collect data about you even if you don’t affirmatively provide it to us.
The types of personal information we collect about you may include some or all of the following:
- Your name
- Account information, including your name, email address, phone number, and password
- Invitees’ information, including the invitee’s name, phone number, and email address
- Billing information, including credit card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name, and billing address
- Shipping information, including shipping address
- Personal page content, including any text, images, videos, voice notes or links to third party websites that you post to the Site
- Shopping activity, including purchases you’ve made on the Site
- Mobile device information, namely the username associated with your device
- Any other information you may submit to us through social media or via email
The types of generic information we collect about you include:
- Information about the device you use to access the Web, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type, and mobile device type
- URLs that refer you to the Site
- Dates, times, and durations of visits to the Site
- Details about your activity on the Site, including page views, navigation patterns, and time spent on a given page
- The general geographic location, i.e. country and city, from which you access the Site
- Search terms that you use to reach the Site
We ensure that the generic and aggregate information we collect cannot be used to identify you by recording and handling it separately from your personal information.
1.2 - Log Files, Cookies, and Clear GIFs
We use this type of information to better understand how you are interacting with our site and to help us improve the quality of our products and services.
1.3 - How We Use Your Information
The information we collect from you helps us improve the quality of Talsam products and services. We know you’ve heard this all before, but the difference is that Talsam already has a business model, so we don’t need to and won’t make money from your information by advertising or by selling or renting your data. The promise of privacy is already factored into the price we charge for our products.
With that in mind, we use your information to:
- Create an account for you on the Site, so you can use Talsam products
- Enable you to purchase Talsam products from our online store
- Process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver, and track your purchases, which includes processing payment; handling shipping, returns, and refunds; and contacting you about your orders
- Maintain a record of all the purchases you’ve made on the Site
- Send invitations to other individuals to interact with you on the Site
- Send SOS alerts to a specified emergency contact through the Site
- With certain kinds of accounts, notify you when an invitee accepts your invitation, a gift recipient activates their Talsam charm, you receive a regular or secret message
- Respond to your questions and comments
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, events, and promotions
- Tailor Talsam products and services to suit our customers’ aggregate preferences and the manner in which they interact with the Site
- Operate, evaluate, and improve Talsam and the products and services we offer
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies, including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read
- Analyze aggregate trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of the Site and their interaction with our social media assets
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users
- Enforce the Site’s Terms of Service
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and our policies
We use six forms on the Site to collect personal information from you, where each requires you to provide your explicit consent. Here is a summary of the data collected in each of these forms, along with the purpose of said collection and how it will be stored. All of this data can be disposed of upon your request and/or deletion of your account on the Site.
- Name and Email Address
- Data used to provide customer support
- Data is handled via email and only by administrators of the Site
- Email Address
- Data used to provide latest news and promotions in the form of email newsletters
- Data is stored on our database and newsletters are sent using a third party service
- First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Phone Number
- Data used to create your account on the Site
- Data is stored on our database, emails and customer service provided using third party services
- First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Phone Number
- Data used to identify your account on the Site and to optimize services provided
- Data is stored on our database, emails and customer service provided using third party services
- First Name, Last Name, Company (if applicable), Address, Location, Phone Number
- Data used to generate invoices and fulfill orders placed on the Site
- Data is stored on our database, emails, customer service, and online store provided using third party services
Emergency Contact for SOS Alerts
- Another individual’s First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Phone Number
- Data used to enable the Talsam charm wearer to send SOS alerts to an emergency contact through the Site
- Data is stored on our database and alerts are sent using a combination of our servers and third party services
1.4 - How We Share Your Information with Others
We have to share some of your information with third party service providers in order to deliver Talsam products and services. This is only to enable us to offer you a better experience. We do not share your information with advertisers, nor do we sell your information – either in aggregate or individually – to any third party.
We use an outside shipping company to fulfill orders, and a credit card processing company to bill you for products and services. We also use third party software to analyze visitor trends and to evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing communications. We do not authorize these companies to retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any other purposes.
Here is a list of all third party service providers that we use as part of the delivery of services offered on the Site:
- AdRoll (Targeted Advertising)
- Amazon Web Services, Inc. (Database, Servers)
- OVH (Database, Servers)
- Google Inc. (Company Email, Data Analysis, Advertising)
- Basecamp (Project Management)
- Dropbox (Collaboration, File Sharing)
- Cyfe (Data Analysis)
- Sendgrid (Email Notifications)
- Bugsnag (Error Notifications)
- Facebook, Inc. (Advertising)
- Shopify (eCommerce Infrastructure)
- Intercom (Customer Service)
- HubSpot (Customer Relationship Management)
- Hotjar (Data Analysis)
- Stripe (Payment Processing)
- PayPal (Payment Processing)
- CloudFlare (Content Delivery)
Please note that some of these tools are only used internally to support our communication, workflow, and performance improvement efforts. We only use Google and Facebook to advertise our products on other websites. We do not advertise on the Site and have no intention to do so in the future.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on the Site.
1.5 - Our Communications With You
We will occasionally send you communications either to the email address associated with your account or to the postal address you used when purchasing a Talsam product. These communications are primarily aimed at enhancing your overall experience using our products and services. You can opt out of receiving these at any time but doing so might impact on your ability or other users’ ability to use the Talsam platform or access your page. For example, we will send you an email when someone sends you a secret message. If you opt out of receiving that email, you will no longer be notified when someone sends you a secret message.
We will occasionally send you information on new products and services, special offers, events, or promotions. You can subscribe to receive these emails or unsubscribe either on the Site homepage or when purchasing a Talsam product via our online store.
Out of respect for your privacy, you may unsubscribe from receiving these emails at any time either by following the instructions contained in one of the emails or by contacting us directly at email@example.com.
We may also send you product catalogs or special promotional packages to your postal address. These communications will be infrequent and are primarily used to reward you for being a loyal customer. Should you prefer not to receive such communications, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.6 - Controlling How We Use Your Information
We provide you the opportunity to opt out of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. For example, if you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may unsubscribe from receiving them by following the instructions included in each email or by contacting us at email@example.com.
You can also deactivate notifications at any time by changing the appropriate setting in your Settings page on the Site.
You will be notified before your personal information is collected by any third party that is not our agent or service provider, so you can make an informed choice as to whether or not to share your information with that party.
1.7 - Links to or From Other Sites
We encourage you to be aware when you leave the Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
1.8 - How to Access Your Personal Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, you may correct or update it by making the change in your account page on the Site. You may also delete or deactivate an individual page or your entire account at any time using the appropriate setting in your account page on the Site.
Please feel free to contact us at any time should you require any assistance accessing, modifying, or deleting your personal information from the Site via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.9 - How We Secure Your Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information, such as credit card number, on the Site, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. So, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on the Site, please send us an email to email@example.com.<32>1.10 - Customers Residing Outside the United States
1.11 - Children Under the Age of 13
Our service is not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under the age of 13, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
1.12 - Minors and Parental Consent
We strongly recommend that minors, i.e. individuals between the ages of 13 and 17, obtain their parents’ consent prior to joining the Site, or sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet. We encourage parents to teach their children about safe Internet use practices.
Chipp’d reserves the right to:
- Limit use of the Site, in whole or in part, by minors
- Add special protections for minors, where we deem it to be necessary
- Restrict adults from sharing and connecting with minors, notwithstanding the fact that this may result in minors enjoying a limited experience on the Site
1.13 - Business Transitions
In the event that Chipp’d undergoes a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email and the placement of a prominent notice on the Site for at least 30 days of any such ownership transfer or change in control of your personal information.
1.14 - Updates to this Policy
If we decide to change our Policy, we will post those changes to this privacy statement, the Site homepage, and other places we deem appropriate so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our homepage.
1.15 - Contact Us